(2017北京)As a child, I was always told “Don’t talk to strangers” and I believed it. However, as I grew older, I became less 16
about this. Is the world really such a bad place I wanted to see for myself. Against all life advice I 17_
my job and set off to hitchhike( 搭便车旅行)around Europe. I wanted to trust in 18_
and saw if the world was really dangerous.
Friends said I was 19
. But I left home on a rainy summer day in England and found myself at a petrol(汽油) station, feeling rather 20
. “Maybe everyone was right,” I thought. “Maybe I should stop.”
But as my doubts grew, a car suddenly 21
to help me. I couldn’t believe it, but it was actually happening. I eagerly(渴望地) jumped in and, by the end of the day, found 22 in Belgium. What 23
was half a year of being invited into the homes of strangers across more than 20 countries. During my journey I was 24
on the side of the road for 227 times. They took me 23000 km across Europe. Along the way we built up the strong 25
which still lasts today.
Everyone I met positively influenced upon my journey. I learned that the world is not such a big scary place 26
. I also learned that money is not as 27
as we are led to believe. I almost never paid for accommodation(食宿) and spent little.
People have been 28
to be afraid of the unknown. But how can you say the world is a dangerous place if you never step outside your comfortable 29
to see it for yourself My journey has reminded me that people are 30 .
All you have to do is to give them a chance.
16. A. doubtful B. certain C. careful D. curious
17. A. give up B. give in C. give out D. give away
18. A. relatives B. friends C. strangers D. Europeans
19. A. right B. reasonable C. believable D. crazy
20. A. silly B. happy C. calm D. excited
21. A. passed B. broke C. rode D. stopped
22. A. himself B. yourself C. myself D. themselves
23. A. followed B. happened C. expected D. developed
24. A. set up B. picked up C. looked up D. grown up
25. A. love B. will C. confidence D. friendship
26. A. in all B. after all C. above all D. of all
27. A. necessary B. powerful C. useful D. helpful
28. A. thought B. taught C. recognized D. studied
29. A. area B. ground C. space D. field
30. A. terrible B. selfish C. wonderful D. dangerous